Hey Beauties! Last week the nerds were on the road for our day jobs but came back chock full of travel-friendly beauty tips suitable for business life on the road.
- Condense the makeup. Somewhere along the way, makeup regimens can turn into one more product binges and before you know it you’ve got yourself a makeup face covering surprise acne. Those two aren’t unrelated. Here’s what’s in my condensed bag for a guaranteed fresh face that lasts all day:
- One great moisturizer – Tarte C-Brighter Eye Treatment
- One great concealer for under eyes only – Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer
- One foundation, preferably with SPF – Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
- One eye primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
- One perfect eyeshadow/cheek combo – The Balm Cindy Lou-Manizer
- One perfect blush – Benefit Bella Bamba
- One perfect mascara – Perfekt Lash Perfection Gel
- One chapstick – Pangea Organics Lip Balm in Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom
- One liquid liner for some great cat eyes – Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Rock the red. Nothing dresses up a fresh face for evening events like lengthening your cat eye and a bit of a red lip. Matte finishes tend to last longer and fade less weird. I’m loving Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in NYC.
- Erase the blues. One of my colleagues recently treated herself to a gorgeous Louis Vuitton Saumur monogram bag only to have the blue from her jeans rub off on the natural leather. In her fashion emergency, she found and shared with me a beautiful solution: prismacolor magic rub erasers (friend to all sketching fiends) remove the blue quickly without damaging or discoloring the nude leather!
- Flush the shine. Cosmetic blotting papers can get pricey and are one more thing to pack. But did you know that the seat covers in public restrooms are made from the same material and have the same results? That’s right you can tell the shine to piss off: tear small pieces from those toilet seat covers and blot your face to zap the shine no matter where you go – for free!
- Take it easy on the tresses. In fact, take it easy on yourself. Travel generally means early mornings and late nights, so hit the snooze button a couple more times and stick to simple braids like our favorite crown braid. Always prim, always easy.
Until next time my pretties!